Health libraryBack to health library
Vietnamese fresh spring rolls
Makes 8 servings.
1 cup carrots, cut into long, thin strips
2 cups bean sprouts
2 cups cucumber, seeded and cut into long, thin strips
1 cup minced scallions
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
8 rice paper wrappers
- Toss first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Soak 1 rice paper wrapper in warm water until soft (1 to 2 minutes). Shake off excess water.
- Place vegetable filling off-center on rice paper, and fold like an egg roll (tuck in the sides to keep the filling inside).
- Repeat with remaining vegetable filling and rice paper wrappers.
- Once you have assembled all of the spring rolls, serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 roll. Amount per serving: 70 calories, 1g total fat (0g saturated fat), 16g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 2g total fiber, 28mg sodium.
The information found in the Health Library is for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor does it represent the views or position of WHMC. Readers should always consult with their healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment, including for specific medical needs.