Health libraryBack to health library
Having trouble remembering your heart meds?
Heart medicines—like cholesterol-lowering statins and blood pressure drugs—work best when you remember to take them like clockwork. If you're having trouble keeping track, try one or more of these tips.
6 ways to remember your heart medicines
- Take them at the same time each day.
- Make them part of a daily routine, like brushing your teeth.
- Use a pill organizer with sections for days of the week and times of day.
- Use a medicine calendar and check off each dose.
- Use a pill bottle cap with a built-in timer.
- Set an alarm on your smartphone or watch.
If you've already had a heart attack, read about steps you can take to prevent a second one.
The information found in the Health Library is for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor does it represent the views or position of WHMC. Readers should always consult with their healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment, including for specific medical needs.