VISITATION IS RESRICTED FOR COVID PATIENTS ONLY
*MASKS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES*
- WHMC has no set visiting hours or age limitations. Visiting arrangements are patient-specific and based on individual needs.
- Visitors who have experienced a fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, skin rash, vomiting or diarrhea in the 48 hours before a visit is planned should not visit until it is certain they will not expose the patient to more risk of disease.
- Visitors should wash hands before and after visiting.
- Guests should comply with any infection control practices that may be important to the patient's condition (e.g., wear isolation gown, mask, and/or gloves).
- Visitors who are disruptive or disturb patients, staff, or other visitors will be asked to stop the disruptive behavior or be escorted from the premises by law enforcement.
- Visitation by children is welcomed, provided it is beneficial to the patient and/or children. All children must be accompanied by an adult. If the children are disturbing other patients or visitors, then the responsible adult(s) will be asked to correct the situation or the children's visit will be terminated.
- Patients can also choose to not have visitors or phone calls. Please advise nurse of specific requests.
- Visitors are welcome to dine in WHMC's cafeteria. There are also "guest" meal trays available upon request.
For safety and security reasons, all visitors arriving after 8 p.m. and before 6 a.m. must enter through the emergency department entrance.
Additional visitor information
The cafeteria, located in the basement area of the hospital, is accessible via either elevator or stairs and is open to employees and visitors for meals and snacks during the following hours:
Monday - Friday:
Breakfast: 8 to 10 am
Cold food: 10 to 11 am
Lunch/hot entrees: 11 am to 2:00 pm
Soup/sandwich/salad bar: 11 am to 6 pm
Grill Open: 10am to 4pm
Saturday & Sunday:
Salad/Sandwich/Yogurt Bar/Grill Items: 10am to 2pm
The Blue Bird Boutique is open Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and is located off the main lobby. You can contact them at ext. 222.
All profits support our hospital and local scholarship program.