Care Management/Social Services
Pictured from left to right:
Joan Hendrickson, RN MSU Manager, Karri Walde, RN Utilization Review,
Jenny Kendall, Social Worker, Susan Hunt, Social Worker
The Care Management Department consists of our Utilization Review (UR) Nurse and Social Workers. Care Management is an integral part of the multidisciplinary team caring for our patients and families.
Our UR nurse ensures that insurance guidelines are met for each patient’s medical condition and treatment required. Our social workers provide a listening ear and support throughout your hospital stay. Social workers address patient concerns, questions and make sure you have the right support to return home safely following your hospital stay.
Care Management oversees:
- Swing Bed Program for Medical and/or Rehabilitation and End of Life Care
- Volunteer Chaplain Program.
- Behavioral Health Referrals.
- Ethics Committee Consultations.
- Acknowledgement for Parentage for new parents.
- Community resources and referral services.
- Consultations for at risk patients in our community.
- Coordination of social services throughout the patient's stay.
- Advance Care Planning for Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care and Health Care Directives
- Advance Care Planning - click here for details and watch video below.
Honoring Choices Pacific Northwest video, is from Washington State Hospital Association.
Virtual Advance Care Planning: Best Practice for Crisis and Beyond. Learn about what is different when preparing for, having, and following up after a “virtual” ACP conversation. A one hour discussion among experienced program leaders.
Alternatives to Violence of the Palouse http://atvp.org/index.shtml
Friends of Hospice www.friendsofhospice.net
Honoring Choices Pacific Northwest, https://www.honoringchoicespnw.org/
Palouse area resources www.palouseresources.org
Special Mobility Services https://www.sms1.org/
Willow Center for Grieving Children www.willow-center.org
Whitman County Resources https://whitmanhelp.com/updated-weekly-last-update-10-17-20/community-services/